Monday, April 09, 2007

Sank... Company capitulated and .....

Sank... Company capitulated and .....


I wrote a couple brief articles about my getting involved with the fun and travails of a new computer with a really new operating system. Yes I helped my friend out. Here are the original links.

Sink or Swim ? Don't know until you try? And other such ideas.
http://dexterzone.blogspot.com/2007/02/sink-or-swim-dont-know-until-you-try.html

Update on Sink or Swim with a New Operating System
http://dexterzone.blogspot.com/2007/02/update-on-sink-or-swim-with-new.html

Well after some time after the printer/fax machine was working.. The owner of the computer called the people she bought the system .. (computer system + Fax/Printer) The result of the conversation was that the printer was too "new" and no one had turned in any empty ink cartridges ... so they could not sell her any more ink!

So this finally frosted her cookies! So with some notes and encouragement from me... She went ahead and had someone mind her small business while she buried herself in an office for an anticipated battle of a customer return.

To her surprise she found that she part of a wave of unhappy customers and that the company had apparently heard enough complaints lack of resolution of issues that they gave her an acceptable proposal.

She would keep everything except the computer system box itself.
She would ship the misbehaving computer back.

The manufacturer would send her a new tower computer with the previous version of the operating system installed. (Hurrah!)

Yes they did magically find some ink cartridges as well!

I am glad for her. She will hopefully will once again be a happy customer.

I feel sorry for the staff and management of the manufacturer who will have to cycle who knows how many systems back, refurbish and resell. I know its part a fact of life of the business... But no doubt they do not need extra work to do such on top of the normal returns!

In my opinion so much pain could have been avoided. So at best my specific contact will be again paddling water, but there still was a loss in productivity, frustration , and uncertainty.

It was only with some proactive work on the customer's part (With external guidance) to push the issue to some level of attention. I hate to think of how many doorstops were created with this mistake.

I will keep you posted as I learn of the results of their promise to correct her computer problems.

Regards,
Dexter

No comments: