Sunday, November 05, 2006

Experimentations in writing flash cards for video.

Experimentations in writing flash cards for video.

I have posted a couple commercials that I have done as a departure of the standard talking head video. The two versions vary in length and some format changes. (Yes the music is different)

Why did I post it on a Blog that centers on writing? Well every video production does require some type of writing even if the total script is a note written on a cocktail napkin. In this case. I made this video to fit a situation where people may show up in the middle of the presentation or be distracted from other inputs.

This type of example would for such as in tradeshows or just a busy environment. There is tremendous value in the "talking head" production. However so much of it requires focused attention on that presentation unless other supporting components are there to maintain the connection of all the points presented.

I decided in this example that the "spokesperson" would be the product itself showcased in one area of the screen , with supporting flashcards on the other part of the screen. So I suppose I tried to have YOU be the one reading the teleprompter ! Daring to be different. An additional advantage to this ad is that the person could be viewing the ad on a computer without sound, or the person could not hear at all!

I do ask for the sale. What a concept!

Next time you watch television... Turn off the subtitle feature and the sound. Some commercials do carry well without the sound track.. Others you would not have a clue of what they are trying to sell!
There is a longer story to this commerical than has been posted here. I hope you enjoy this example of the written word.

I would be glad to hear your comments good or bad.

Regards,
Dexter

No comments: