Sunday, October 07, 2007

What mood are you in for news?

What mood are you in for news?

I am always looking for new ways to communicate and share moods, feelings, attitudes and perspectives. Direct communications of knowledge is important, but at times its good to know what others are thinking as well. Perhaps a sanity test for yourself when you read an article on the web. Well the other day I came accross and interesting site called Wevoke.com . http://www.wevoke.com/

It seemed like another simple story collating service or just a means of announcing certain articles. So many exist out there! But I was surprised by a simple little drop down list at the top of the website that asked how I wanted to FEEL.

I wasn't kidding you. Not search by article category or author.. But how I wanted to feel about a particular article or subject. Well at the moment I really needed to hear to some heart warming news. So I selected I wanted to be "most happy"

There were some interesting articles listed. One gave me a smile was titled: News: Couple Has Online Affair With Each Other by Mistake

Way at the top of the website is listed the moniker... "Search by feel" I laughed at the possible unintended humor in that as well.

Give it a whirl. I suspect you are only seeing the beginning of articles and news marketed by feeling!

2 comments:

deb said...

I don't know if reading news articles based on the emotion that I want to feel at the moment is a good idea. Take the World Trade Center, I didn't want to be depressed on Sept 11. But what if my news had filtered out all the bad news due to my desire to be happy on that day. I would have never known about Sept 11!! Can you imagine that?

Dexter Zone said...

I completely understand and agree about September 11th! I remember that day well. I have a good friend who's birthday on September 11th! I saw the news as it happened. This is early in the morning... So What do you do when one of your best friend's birthday is that day... They don't know the news as well! It was a tough day. It got better over the years... But I fully understand the feelings that can erupt on significantly related holidays that may be connected with certain events.